Home > Mergers
Mergers focuses on acquisitions, divestitures, and sales. Most of our clients are closely-held companies with often choppy histories that can lead to a large gap between value and price, which is where we commit considerable effort in bridging. As part of our approach, we use our Suitor Model to establish what is unique about a client, how that will resonate with the strategic interests of particular types of potential acquirers, the width of the gap between value and price, what is needed to narrow this gap, and, if over time, what combination of operating changes are required and at what level of risk. In turn, we use Test Drive to evaluate different strategic and transaction scenarios linked to value and return for the client and the buyer. To learn more about Penn Hudson, please contact us.
Questions asked by our clients about mergers include:
- How do you determine value to the seller under different scenarios available to the seller?
- What is the value of my company and will acquirers see it the same way?
- What changes must be made and how long will it take to narrow the price-value gap?
- What are the trade-offs? Can structuring help?
- What is the profile of the likely acquirer?
- How many real acquirers are there and how to we appeal to them?
Merger projects completed by us include the following: